2x Welfare Benefits Advisers (Macmillan Team)
Location: Citizens Advice Worthing (includes travel to other Central & South Sussex Citizens Advice
offices & outreaches within Sussex)
Hours: 16 per week
Salary: £22,000 FTE (£9,513 actual)
Contract type: Permanent
Would you like to be part of a team committed to making a difference? We would love to hear from you. We are looking for two confident and flexible individuals to join the Welfare Benefits Rights Team and provide a high quality, effective and efficient financial support, advice and information service for people affected by cancer.
- 23 days annual holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- To interview clients utilising all communication channels, face-to-face, telephone, email & web chat, providing accurate welfare support, advice and information.
- To provide effective casework for clients and manage own caseload.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations such as Department of Work and Pensions, Social Services, and community organisations as appropriate.
- Recent and relevant experience of providing welfare benefits advice
- Experience of effective caseload management
- Competent in the use of IT systems
- An understanding of the issues and sensitivities involved when dealing with clients living with cancer and their families and carers
- A car user is essential due to the need to carry out home visits in rural areas and attend outreach locations across Sussex
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Closing date: 4th August 2017
Interviews: 9th & 11th August 2017